Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
I’ve done it! Found the easiest and dairy (and incredibly low sugar) dessert that actually tastes INCREDIBLE.
I rather hate desserts that claim to be “healthy” but then satisfy no sort of sweet craving because they taste awful!
Well, I have found the recipe to end this disaster of scenario! Emily Eats posted an incredible recipe for chocolate peanut butter chia pudding that was the basis for this recipe. It literally tastes like if Reeses peanut butter cups and chia pudding had a baby. And that baby was DELICIOUS!
- ½ cup chia seeds, divided
- 2 cups coconut milk (or other preferred non-dairy milk)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Stevia, to taste (or other preferred non-sugar sweetener)
- In one bowl, add 5½ tablespoons chia seeds, 1⅓ cups milk, cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, add 2½ tablespoons chia seeds, ⅔ cup milk, peanut butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Place both bowls in the fridge.
- Let them chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place some of the chocolate mixture at the bottom of glass, then some of the peanut butter and then more of the chocolate. You can top with fruit, coconut or chocolate shavings - or really anything you would like! Sky's the limit!